Friday, September 22, 2017

"Filled with Hate"


Someone whom I respect posted the following to me on Facialbook:

"Sophie Lynne When I call you crazy that is not personal insult, it is a description. You don't see how filled with hate YOU are, do you?" 

I sent the following via PM (edited to remove person's name)



Crazy?

*****************************************************************


Actually I do, *****.  And I hate myself for it.

I come by my hate honestly.  I love this country.  I love my friends.  The GOP has committed TREASON multiple times.  They are coming after me and mine.  My friends.

I would die for my country.  I would die for my friends.

I am a passionate person.  I am driven by Pain- a pain that even I barely understand.

I want to be the "better" person.  I want to be happy and carefree.  I want to discuss things logically and reasonably.  But those who are in the thrall of Trump seem incapable of it.  God knows I've tried.

Yes, I hate.

I hate what has happened to our nation.

I hate those who are complicit.

And above all, I Hate myself.  Because I am helpless to stop them.


All my writing, my speeches, my lectures, demonstrations...  none of it matters.  All they understand is violence.  I don't endorse Antifa's methods... at all.  But I fear they may be the only way at this point.

And doing nothing?  Saying nothing?  Not an option.

*************************************************

Good people doing Nothing and saying Nothing is how Fascism came to Power here in America.

And make no mistake- it's now in power.  The GOP thought they could control Trump, just as the German political machine thought it could control Hitler.   The GOP has learned that not only that they can't control Trump- that they are powerless before him.

His followers are armed, and they are fanatic.  Even if Trump is impeached, if his entire regime is thrown out, that won't be the end.

The America that we, as decent people, knew it, is gone.  Forever.  The Trumpies want to bring about a state where the white man reigns supreme- where minorities and women "know their place," and LGBT?  Back into hiding at best, if not exterminated.


Silence is no longer an option.  Hasn't been for a while.

I've written many times that I don't believe I will live to see the end of the Trump regime.  I still believe that.

God help us all.


3 comments:

  1. I don't think there was a German political machine but the conservatives convinced Hindenberg, who actually didn't like Hitler at all, that that they could lead Hitler around and the Nazi movement would be controlled by the Nationalist and the conservatives led by von Papen.

    The difference is Hitler had an actual agenda. I'm not sure beyond enriching himself Trump has one--he's pretty much adopted the most conservative GOP agenda as a sop to his hardcore 30% of support but does he really believe it or care about it? Doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie -

    You've earned your right to hate. But that isn't enough. You must surrender that hate, lest it eat you up. This doesn't mean you stop abhorring things, people, and their actions. Instead, you have to let go of the need to respond in kind. Blind hatred clouds the mind and prevents you from seeing what has to be done to stop evil.

    In the case of the GOP being traitors, you are right. This is a disease which will take years to subside. Populist hatred of those who do not conform will come in go in cycles. And the appearance of people like Trump are a symptom of the problem. The pendulum swings back and forth in times like these, and now is the time to make good friends with up and coming people in the Democratic party.

    You may ask, why do so? The Democrats have been part of the problem for years. Well, they are the only ones acting rationally right now. And young leaders are coming up through their ranks, ready to pounce as the pendulum swings back to the middle. These are the people we can influence. And these are the people to whom we can address ideas on how to break the pendulum so it doesn't swing back to hurt us again.

    Right now, the GOP is very vulnerable. Its donors are pressing GOP Congressmen and Senators to kill the ACA so that federal monies which go to providing healthcare to 24 million people can go into the pockets of their rich donors after "Tax Reform". This is why the rush is on to put repeal in a reconciliation bill. Spending cuts in one bill can offset tax cuts in another. If the GOP can't show a victory before October, the contributions will dry up. In fact, one figure recently mentioned in the press had big money GOP donors cutting back their contributions by 70 percent. Wow! This is why we must reward our friends and future friends now!!!!!

    So don't give up hope. Give up hate, and keep your focus on the goal....

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ALREADY ARE the 'better person'. Love you!

    ReplyDelete