Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Articles, Comments, and Trolls. Oh My!

The Tuesday, June 28, 2016 edition of the Philadelphia Daily News included a two page article on a certain Transgender woman.

Yours Truly.

As I mentioned in my last entry, I was interviewed by Stu Bykofski.

The article was supposed to be published last Friday (June 24) but it was bumped.  It was supposed to be on the front page on Tuesday, but bigger news happened.  (I guess I'm just not newsworthy.)

I any case, it made it onto pages six and seven.

Wow!  Color pictures and all!

I was told by many people, including the amazing Donna Rose, not to read the comments.  But I was curious.

So I read them.

Some of them were actually quite nice.  A few friends chimed in, including the wonderful Victoria Datta.

Most of the comments were pretty nasty though.

Picture by and copyright Ed Hille for the PDN

Not being one to shrink from a fight, I dove right in.  I did my best to educate, but there was no reasoning with any of them.

Typical GOP drones.



In any case, the article is up on their web page as well.  Have a look!

Ibid



I'd appreciate thoughts and comments here.  :)

In any case, since the article was published in yesterday's paper, two customers at the bookstore have commented on it.  Maybe a third.  The two for sure were VERY complimentary (one called me a celebrity... oh puh leeze!).  The third called me a "rude tranny."  In front of maybe twenty people, including her three out of control, screaming kids.

I hope you enjoy the article.  I think Stu Bykofsky did a wonderful job.

Thank you Stu!

And thanks to all of you for reading!

Be well!


No comments:

Post a Comment