Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sophie Dolls Up

I haven't felt feminine in a long time.  I decided to do my makeup and do the best I could.  I also decided to take pictures as I did it for the sheer hell of it. 

So here they are, all of Sophie's makeup secrets!


Step One.  I've showered, shaved and dried my hair.  This is what I look like after I do all that.  I still see a guy in the mirror.  


Step Two:  I've used a curling iron, and done my best to get some VOLUME in my very fine hair.  meh.


Step Three: Ok, some blue blocker and eye shadow (I used pinks.)


Step Four: Eye liner and foundation around muzzle



Step Five: Eyebrow work and mascara.  I tried false eyelashes again and failed miserably.


Step Six: Coverup around eye sockets, then some white in the corner to "bring it out" since my eyes are very deep set.


Step Seven: Some subtle contouring around the oval of the face, either side of my schnoz and cheeks.


Step Eight: Even with big boobs, some make up contouring can be fun.  I should've blended it more.  Not that anyone is looking.


Step Nine: Dress time!  I always put on whatever I'm wearing before doing my lippie.



Step Ten: Ok, so red lipstick isn't subtle, but since my eyes are, why not?


Step Eleven: Jewelry and a smile completes the look.


So, what do you think?


It's funny.  I still see a guy in the mirror most of the time.  Yet, after I doll up, sometimes I see a woman in the picture, and I can't believe she's really me.

So I had a little fun with photoshop after doing these.  I'm trying to get back into practice with it.



Took off a LOT of weight, half my forehead, and the scar.

So, there it is dear reader.  My day so far.  I feel much better than when I woke up.  I just need to feel like a woman sometimes.  









9 comments:

  1. We all need to pamper ourselves and do what makes us feel human periodically. For me, I did my make-up for the first time in 2 months last week - I am REALLY out of practice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all feel like that sometimes Sophie, especially during this very odd time when appearances are hidden under masks anyway! The man in the mirror is not reality, just a ghost from your past. Glad you got rid of it! Your BEST ASSET, but far, is not your breasts (sorry��), but your SMILE��Scars, by the way, are tattoos with a good story. Be yourself, be silly, laugh more and take everything with a grain of salt. Nothing is permanent, bad and good. Sending you a sincere message: you are feminine and it has nothing to do with cosmetics and fashion♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile more!

    Also, I totally understand wanting to doll up and look feminine, even if there's nowhere to go, just for your own enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glam to your heart’s content; you are a woman with or without make up, and as a trans individual myself I understand that’s a fact that is hard to believe most days. But you are a strong feminine woman regardless, and I’m rooting for your happiness every day.

    Also, have you seen those magnetic false lashes? No lash glue needed; instead it used a magnetic eye liner that the lashes stick to. Technology is wild. It might be a solution, but I’m not sure if you’ve tried them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried magnetic ones with the little magnets attached. Couldn't get them to work.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing these, Sophie. I concur with the other commenters - you have a great smile! I need to up my contouring game after reading this. :D Thanks again!

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried blowing drying your hair while your head is upside down? Leaning forward at the waist? It might help with the volume problem you describe.

    ReplyDelete