Thursday, December 13, 2018

Men of the Skull Chapter 37 Cold Night

There's an old saying:  "Once is an accident- twice is a decision."

So once again, I did something despicable.  Why?  I was desperately lonely.  And so was she.  I played right into her plan.  Thing is, I knew there would be consequences.  I just didn't care that night.

So began my second semester at PSU.  In many ways, it was a great time.  All it cost was my honor, and my self respect.


*************************************************************************


Chapter 2.37:  Cold Night

Saturday, January 10, 1987 Memo Links Iran Deal, Hostages

            We lay on the couch together in the dim light.  Outside, the snow fell and the wind whistled between the buildings.  And we huddled on the couch holding each other.  We had the one lamp on its lowest setting, and the radio was on, but the volume was low.  97 QWIK rock.
            “Everybody have fun tonight!  Everybody Wang Chung tonight.”
            What the fuck was I doing?
            She was dressed in a long Kelly green knit sweater dress.  Very soft.  Her perfume was light and delicate as a snowflake outside, and I could feel her breasts press gently against my chest as she breathed.  Together we were warm. 



            Christmas break was over.  I came back home to PSU that day, escaping the hell of life with my family.  My roommates would be back in a day or two.  Her roommate would be back tomorrow, weather permitting.
            Funny how after only a few months I saw Penn State as home.
            Break was over.  The Nittany Lions were National Champions.  My second semester loomed- and I had to do better than the first.  1.8.   My God.  Guess I wasn’t as smart as I thought I was.
            She nuzzled my neck gently. 
            “Mmmm.  You’re so warm” she almost whispered.
            “So are you.”
            We lay there silently for a few more minutes, and then she started slowly, gently caressing my back.
            “Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover.”
I invited her over because I knew she was back, and I wanted to see her.  And I was bored.  We started the evening eating Domino’s pizza and playing cards.  Rummy, War, Snap, whatever.  We had no beer so we couldn’t play drinking games.  Just soda.  So we drank that.  As the night grew darker, colder, we decided just to lie around and talk: me on the loveseat and her stretched out on the couch. 
Lounged around for a few minutes, talking about break.  What it meant.  What we wanted for the next semester.  Then she commented about how cold it was, and she invited me to join her on her couch.  After all- it was OK: it’s not like anything would happen.  We’d talked about that. 
So I did.
A few minutes of silence later, she asked me to turn down the lights a bit so she could watch the snow fall outside.  So I did.
I was really clueless.

“Take my hand and we'll make it I sweah-uh!  Wuh-OH! Livin' on a pray-uh!”
So there we were lying on the couch, and she’s caressing my back and it feels really good (especially after helping people on the floor unload their shit all day.  I was too fucking nice for my own good.)
“How does that make you feel?” she half-whispered into my ear.
“Feels great!”
“I’m sure it does, but how does it make you feel?”
Did I mention I was incredibly clueless?
“Relaxed.”
“You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care.  Because I can tell what's going on.  It's hip to be square.”  No, it’s not, Huey.
Of course, lying on the couch with this girl; her ample breasts pressed against me; she’s caressing my back; her breath in my neck and ear, I mean- DUH!  I was getting really excited.  And she had to know. 
Time to say something stupid, Lance.
“I’d rub your back, but you probably wouldn’t feel it through that thick material.”
“No one said it had to stay on.”



I rolled off the couch and stood up.  She sat up and looked at me with a kind of half smile, head cocked slightly to the right.


“If we do this, then no one can know” I said quietly, nervously.
“Fine.”  She pulled the dress out from under her, and I helped her pull it off over her head.  It was very heavy.
“Now you have to keep me warm” she said, smiling.  All she was wearing was a shimmering white satin bra that cupped her beautiful breasts perfectly, and skimpy white panties.  She’d kicked off her boots a long time ago.  Sure I’d seen her breasts before, but presentation is everything!  Hypnotic!
She laid back down, and I next to her.  We kissed deeply.  And I caressed her back.

“Take these broken wings And learn to fly again And learn to live so free.”

Several songs later, we were in my bedroom, and she was pulling off the last of my clothes.  We fell into the cold bed and scrambled under the covers.
We rolled around for a minute of so, kissing greedily, then I rolled on top, she wrapped her legs around me, and I entered her. 
The radio was still playing in the other room, but we couldn’t hear it through the closed door.  The snow and wind stroked the window next to the bed.  Couldn’t hear it.  All I could hear was her gasping and breathing, and the sound of our motion on the bed.
Then she gasped out
“Oh…God… I love you!…. I love you!”
I stopped.  “What did you say?”
She opened her eyes.  “Nothing.  Nothing.  Don’t stop.”
So I did.  But not for long.  I was still fairly, um, inexperienced.
Soon we were holding each other, listening to the wind and the snow.  Then she got up to go to the bathroom, picking up her panties as she went.  I put my underwear back on and went out to the living room to gather her clothes. 



We met at my bedroom door, me carrying her dress. 
“I don’t think green is your color,” she said, smiling.
“Maybe I wanted to be a little bold- y’know, try something different.”
“You don’t have the legs for it.”
We went back to bed and cuddled under the covers for a while, listening to the snow and wind.  Then, she looked at my clock, kissed me, rolled out of bed and got dressed.  So did I.
I walked Virginia home through the thickening snow.  We didn’t talk.  Too cold.  At her apartment door, she turned to me and smiled.  Her eyes were clear- happy- dancing.  I’d never seen her happy before.  She kissed me lightly on the lips. 
“Night” she whispered, then went inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment