Friday, January 7, 2011

First Femme Fever: originally posted Dec 6, 2008

Be gentle- it’s my first time... being made over.

Wow, it's been a couple of days and I'm still floating.

I went to Femme Fever for a makeover. They supply everything which is good because I have nothing, really. I just started dressing again, so I have one outfit, a wig and some birdseed. Comical, really.



So I drove the 3 hours from Philly to Long Island (with all the tolls!) Only got lost once. I've never done anything like this ever. I mean, here I was, going to a complete stranger and saying to them "make me look like a woman." I was giving them my biggest secret. I was so scared. I couldn't believe I was actually going through with it. What if my wife found out? What about my coworkers?



I arrived maybe 15 minutes late, and it was a nice house in a typical-ish neighborhood. Karen greeted me at the door and immediately made me feel comfortable. She has a very disarming nature. She seated me in her studio, and we talked. She gave me her background, then she pulled out a bra and some breastforms. I'd seen them on the net but I'd never felt them or anything, but there I was wearing them. Another minute and I was in panties (tucked, of course), thigh highs, and a robe. I guess she thought I'd feel more comfortable getting started like this. She was right.



I wanted to try 3 different looks: "typical woman," "professional" and "vamp." Not slut- vamp. My major objective was to find out if I really could have any prayer of looking feminine. After that, well I always wanted to try a slinky gown.


Karen worked for a bit. She gave me the option of watching her work in the mirror to learn or to be completely surprised. Tempted as I was to learn, I wanted the surprise. We chatted a she painted, added eyelashes, etc. She then chose a wig she felt appropriate and turned me around…


I was blown away. I could not believe that the person in the mirror was me. I looked like a woman.


She then picked out a dress, and the pictures started.


We went through outfits and wigs, poses and ideas. In the end, she didn't have a slinky gown that fit me, so I tried the sleeveless party dress. I'd shaved my body for the occasion, so why not take advantage. She re-did my makeup, and helped me on with strappy red shoes. Different wigs made for a whole different woman.


During that time, we talked about my fem name. I haven't been really decisive about that. She said that I looked like a "Sophie" to her. She said it was a "strong feeling." Ok, so I will be Sophie. I like that name, and I believe in strong feelings.


Four hours flew by, then I had to start the process of becoming me again. I felt a bit lost. I wanted to stay this way.


Makeup removed, re-clothed as myself, I hugged her goodbye.

On the way home, I wanted to talk about the experience so much I could just burst. I had SO-MUCH-FUN! But I couldn't tell anyone. I had to wait to tell you, my sisters, about it. I guess that's one of the best things about the whole community. We understand each other and this thing we do. If I want to talk about the strappy shoes, you would be interested too.


Karen asked my permission to use a few of the pictures on her site. I didn't think she would, but she did! I am so happy! The rest of the gajillion pics will be uploaded here and to Flickr over the next few days. Most of them anyway.


Anyway, if you are ever near New York City, I urge you to try Karen's work. Making over T-Girls is all she does. I can't recommend her enough.

See her at http://www.femmefever.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment