Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Bacon or 49

Sunday September 13, 2015 dawned bright and beautiful.  At least I think it did.  I don't know, as I was asleep.

I was sleeping in- as long as I wanted, which is a rare luxury.  It's my birthday, and I'll sleep if I want to, sleep if I want to, sleep if I want to.

My Birthday, September 2013. 

Yes, Sunday was my birthday.  I am now forty nine years old.  I'm nearly fifty.  Somehow it doesn't look so bad when I type out the numbers.  I was born on Thursday, September 13, 1966, at around 2:15 AM.  I kept my mum up late that night, and many nights after.  I was the second and last child my parents would have.  (In 2007, my daughter was born around 2:15 AM as well.  Coincidence?  I think not!)

Anyway, I slept in.  Eventually I decided to roll out of bed.  I was alone in the apartment, my roomie, Internet Sensation Linda Lewis, was off at work.  So I did what anyone would do alone in her apartment on her birthday:

I cooked bacon.

Lots of bacon.  A whole pound.  Yes, I saved some for Linda, but I had most of it in big bacon sandwiches.  My little birthday gift to myself.

After Wife and daughter returned from church, we got together.  The idea was that we would spend the day together then have dinner.  We started the day by going to the Bookstore where I work.  Daughter loves going to the book store, and I do my best to encourage this.  Wife had me pick out a book, which I did (The Autobiography of James T. Kirk, if you must know.)

Birthday September 2014 

From there, we went to the King of Prussia Mall, where we walked around a bit, basically following Daughter around.  We had a good time.  Eventually, it was time for dinner.  We went to Outback Steak House.  As daughter is only 7, taking her to a nicer place is out.  She behaves in restaurants as long as Wife and I keep her occupied.  Still, I miss going to upscale places with Wife.  I kind of think those days are over.

Wife dropped me back at the apartment.  I still was a bit restless, so Linda and I went to one of our favorite hang outs:  Rock Bottom.  There we had a quiet birthday drink, and I talked about my day.  It was a relaxing way to end the day.

Birthday September 2015 at Rock Bottom.  Why am I flexing?


The next day was Monday, September 14.  (Funny that.)  I woke up early, as I was told MIL would be out that morning, so I could come over to see my family and my dog before I went to work.  And so I did.  I found that daughter had placed a bow around my dog Nittany's neck.  As you can see, Nittany was thrilled by this.


My Poor Puppy

As I was preparing to leave for work, I mentioned to Wife that the house was very warm.  She disagreed, saying she was cold.  "But it's no wonder you're sweating with those pads on," she said

I looked at her quizzically.  I said "I'm not wearing pads.  I haven't in a couple of years."

She pointed at my breasts.  "What about those?  Isn't that some kind of pads, or a padded bra or something?"

"No.  That's all me."

Now, Wife is a VERY thin woman with a slight yet delightful figure.  She gets it genetically from her father's side.  So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised at what she said next.

"That's not fair!  You have those and you're..."  She walked off in a huff.

I did my best not to laugh.


Many people wished me a Happy birthday on my Facialbook feed.  Thanks to all of you!  Really!  You made me very happy and I felt so loved!


Be Well!

4 comments:

  1. Sophie -

    It isn't fair! In an ideal world, you, (like the wife) would have gotten yours "naturally".

    I have a feeling, that in that one moment, that the wife got another understanding of how you are changing - and couldn't overlook it. Hopefully, this doesn't put more distance between the two of you.

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID get mine naturally. I have all natural D cups. :) Yes, I know how lucky I am.

      Delete
    2. Time for your triple G implants! lol!

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday. Mine is also September 13. Just a different year!

    I've not yet had a bra fitting, but I do have some breast growth. Maybe someday I'll officially find out my proper size. For now, I typically go bra-less.

    Amazing how a little comment about heat can stir up a controversy... Sounds like an "envy" thing... Hope all goes well.

    Take care,

    Mandy


    ReplyDelete