Tuesday, June 2, 2015

"Call Me Caitlyn" The Jenner Cover

June 1, 2015 was a BIG day.

I woke late this morning, as I am off work.  Then I checked my messages...

The Internet had exploded!  Everywhere was the cover of Vanity Fair!


So she's been busy since the interview.  From what I can tell, she's had Facial feminization surgery, breast augmentation, and (according to reports) Gender confirmation surgery.  Bruce is Gone.  Long live Caitlyn.

I've been asked many questions today.  I'm sure I'll be asked many more tomorrow at work.  After all, for many people, I'm the only trans person they know.  So I welcome the questions.

So.  There she is.  How do I feel?

I feel a mix of emotions.  My first thought was "WOW!"  My second thought was jealousy.  Yes, jealousy.  She's had everything I want to do.  And she had it with no money issues or waiting.  But then I thought about it.

She will spend of the rest of her days in the spotlight.  She will never know a moment of quiet.

Peace?  Yes, she knows that.  I understand how she feels.  But she'll be followed and harassed forever.

I mean, even her Republican "allies" have turned on her.  See what Fox News has to say HERE.  She has to deal with that betrayal.

After I figured that out, know what I did?  I got on with my day.  There were things to do.  Linda and I are moving on June 13th, and there's a lot of packing to be done.  Today I contacted PECO and changed the Renter's Insurance.  The wait time for Comcast was too long so I gave up.

I am extremely happy for Ms. Jenner. She is living her life as genuinely as she can.  And now people are wondering if she'll be a "good representative of the trans community."  Know what I think?  I think she's going to live her life.  And if by doing that she can be a shining beacon, so be it.

I wonder who did her FFS...


No comments:

Post a Comment