Thursday, June 8, 2023

Deserted

 This entry will be short.


Last Saturday, I received a letter from my daughter (15) saying she no longer wishes contact with me- at all.  She gave some reasons some of which just don't... make sense.  She made me sound like I'm a horrible person.  And I can't defend myself.


And what if she's right?  Maybe I am horrible.


In any case, I've joined the sad sorority of transgender women who have been cut off from their children.


As you can imagine, I'm a mess.


I won't give many details as it is a family matter, but if I don't write for a bit, you now know why.


2 comments:

  1. big hugs my friend. The only thing you can do is respect her feelings. Talk to someone about yours and I'll keep praying she comes around. It is not easy for anyone when you live your truest self and life. I know when I found out it was like mourning a death of who we were and who I thought we were as friends. Letting people in, letting them know who you really are took courage. Now it takes the others time to accept change and value who you are now. You are valuable! I am sorry you live so far away friend. Just know if we don't speak it doesn't mean I don't value you or your friendship. Know you have peeps in Baltimore if you need anything. My number hasn't changed. Stay strong, she will come around and has to process on her own. In the meantime I'll keep prayers for you and your family. lots of love!

    ReplyDelete