Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Outed

Ok.  take two.  I posted something similar earlier today, thought better of it, deleted it, and edited it.  
Anyway...

Yesterday, someone outed me without my permission.

And the kicker? I never told her I'm Trans.

As you can imagine, I'm quite angry. 

I held my temper, and told her what she should do in similar circumstances in the future. I played it cool, but I was hurting bad inside.

"But Sophie- you are out and proud- so what's the big deal?"


This person decided it was ok to blab about my medical history to a random person.  Imagine if you had, say, Cancer, and someone went around advertising to whomever.  Worse- by outing me, she may have put me in Harm's Way.  I don't have to remind my trans readers of the probability that we could be physically assaulted or worse.

It may or may not be illegal as well.  I don't know... yet.

Said person told me about the interaction, and was she remorseful.  She later apologized.  But the damage was done.  Once one crumbles up a paper, it will never be the same.  


A Better Day

As I said, I played it cool.  I posted the incident on facialbook, where I received many different responses, including a few private messages.  Several of those private messages said, in so many words, 'stop whining and put on your big girl panties.  Live with it.'  

Well, I AM living with it.  What choice do I have?  I'm not going to de-transition, and no one will allow me to go to the Light, so here I am.  

But it doesn't mean I have to like it.  Or just sit there and take it.  

Outing ANY LGBT person is just horrible, but especially so for a Transperson.  It's a Violation of their privacy.  And that's how I feel- Violated.  I am Angry and sad at the same time.  I want to burst into tears.  I want Vengeance.  I want Justice.

I just want the Hate to stop.

In any case, at this point, what's done is done.  I've taken some... steps.  Now, I live with any fallout.


No comments:

Post a Comment