Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Two Weeks Gone

Hi all!  I'm back!

So where have I been?  Well, lots has been happening.  The big thing was the Move.

Linda and I moved out of our apartment in Norristown that we shared for a bit with Zoey.  We couldn't afford it any longer.  After a bit of a search, we located an apartment in Phoenixville, which is where Wife and daughter live.  In fact, I'm just over a mile away from them.  Wife agreed that this means I will see my Daughter more often.

The apartment itself is a little smaller.  It's a one bedroom instead of a two bedroom.  Linda and I bunk together, as we did this in the old apartment (separate beds) so it's not so hard.  But it's in a nicer area, and on the first floor.  The laundry room is directly next door.

Both Linda and I are very happy here.  I've already seen a lot more of my daughter, and Linda is MUCH closer to work.  And I'm not scared driving home at night anymore.

That said, yesterday a violent storm blew through the area.  The drain spout above our front window was clogged, so the water poured out into the window, which was badly sealed... and created a waterfall into the front room.  Linda was there and minimized the damage, but still...


In better news, Elizabeth asked me to be in her wedding.  I mention her with some regularity.  So two days after we moved, myself, the other two bridesmaids (Jamie and M), and Elizabeth went dress shopping- for us not the bride.  We went to David's Bridal, and poked around.  A salesperson was very helpful, and didn't seem to notice/care that I was trans.

I was quite nervous, as I'd never done this before!  Elizabeth notice I was a bit subdued and asked what was wrong.  I smiled and told her nothing was wrong.  Because there was really nothing wrong- just a case of nerves.

Anyway, I settled on a dress.  What you don't see is the black taffeta bolero that will hide my shoulders.



I'm going to post this.  There's more I can write about, and I will, but I'm just too tired right now.

Be well!



No comments:

Post a Comment